Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Do you know what insecurity is......

A few years back, I was good friends with an older gentleman who used the phrase "do you know what insecurity is...."  and then he would follow up with a statement highlighting the situation he was facing and how others around him reacted.  For example, he was once in the car with someone who took exception to a statement he had made.  That person proceeded to call long distance back east, waiting on hold several minutes to get his answer which when given supported my older gentleman friend.

So today, though, that phrase popped in my brain, mid-run.  You see, today I went for another run, a short 3 mile run, and quickly realized that I have really lost a lot of conditioning over the last month and that I am really going to have to reestablish my base. While there was no calf pain to speak of, I could tell my legs were tired.  I don't like that.

It also didn't help that I was running slow at a 10:30 pace a very flat course that my PR is at 7:21.  It also didn't help that I was being passed by runners a month ago I was blazing by.

So do you know what insecurity is?  It is realizing that I need to get up to speed really fast to meet my end of April "A" race while taking it easy so I don't get injured. 

Oh well, I know I will be back in shape soon, I just wish I didn't have to go back to rebuilding.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, babe : (
    Good news is thank heavens for muscle memory! Your base will come back much quicker this time than when you were starting from scratch.
    Love ya!
    And, I love how my trail pic looks from my latest post on your blog roll to the left : )

    ReplyDelete

submit to reddit